Dr. Ahmad ALKHABAZ
Dr. Ahmad AlKhabaz
MBBS (UK), FRCP Pediatrics (Canada)
A consultant in Pediatric and Adult Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
Specialized in all allergic disease and clinical immunodeficiency.
Expert and asthma, rhinitis, sinusitis, conjunctivitis, eczema, urticaria, food allergy, drug allergy, clinical immunodeficiency, child nutrition & child health. Specialized in the evaluation of allergy through allergy skin testing, environmental effects on allergy, and patient education.
Dr. Ahmad graduated from Newcastle University, UK where he earned his bachelor in Medicine and Surgery. He subsequently completed his medical training in pediatric medicine at McMaster University, Canada. He later perused training in the growing field of allergy and clinical immunology, in adults & children, at the same institute. An extended year of training was spent in research. The focus of which was difficult asthma and impact of omega three supplementation on asthma. In the second part of that year more research was conducted in studying allergy development in the pediatric cohort groups in Winnipeg Manitoba.
Since his return to Kuwait Dr. Ahmad established the pediatric allergy and clinical immunology unit in Mubarak University Hospital. He is very keen in training and education for the undergraduate medical students as well as the postgraduate doctors training for the specialty exams in both pediatrics and allergy. He has chaired the examination committee the allergy & clinical immunology fellowship exams.
Dr. Ahmad is a frequent speaker in local and regional conferences in his areas of expertise. He is currently active in research and has been contributing as an organizing member of many local conferences and courses. As well, he is frequently involved in both official and social media. In addition to theses duties Dr. Ahmad has been an active member of the accreditation committee of the information technology systems in the hospital.
- The Canadian Society for Allergy and Clinical Immunology (CSACI)
- The American Academy for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (AAAAI)
- The American College for Allergy, Asthma and Immunology (ACAAI)
- The World Allergy Organisation (WAO)
- The European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology (EAACI)
- The Kuwaiti Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (KSACI)
- The Saudi Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology (SACI)
Publications and research
- The effect of dietary supplementation with encapsulated fish oil on Mannitol-induced airway sensevity and inflammation in persons with asthma. Dr. J. Brannan, Dr. A. Alkhabaz, Dr. P. Nair and Dr. P. O’Byrne. 2009 Publication pending.
- The clinical and laboratory characteristics of H1N1 virus infection in Kuwait: A retrospective chart review of Hospital admitted children. Dr. Abdallah Ouwayid, Dr. A. Alkhabaz. 2010. Publication Pending.
- Measurement of Exhaled Breath Condensate PH following Bernstein Test and subjects with and with out Reflux cough. Dr. A. Alkhabaz and Dr. P. Nair. 2009. Data gathering.
- Kuwait medical school poster presentation day: Poster tittle “an unusual presentation of pneumonia in a CGD patient”. S. Atayani, A. Alkhabaz. M. Alhajeri. Feb 2009.
Accolades & Academic activities
- Chair of the Kuwaiti allergy and clinical immunology fellowship exam committee ٍsince 2015
- Head of Pediatric allergy and clinical immunology unit in Mubarak Hospital since 2015.
- Tutor and educator for the Kuwait Institute of Medical Specialties (KIMS) since 2010.
- Elected as secretary general to the Kuwait Society of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2010.
- Invited speaker at specialty related conferences locally and regionally.
- Speaker in the area of radio-contrast hypersensitivity, food allergy & child asthma.
- Co-organized the 1st Kuwait Pediatric Advances in Allergy and asthma, March 2010. And subsequently 2012 and 2014.
- Regular contributor to Health and Allergy articles in the news and media.